Monday 17 August 2015

Berlin & Prague Photo Diary

I recently spent 3 weeks inter-railing and travelling Europe with one of my bestest friends - Millie. Before I die I want to visit as many countries and experience as many cultures as I can, and now that I have left school and am old enough to travel alone, I can wander the world. So I thought I'd start in Europe. Despite moving to the continent when I was 4, I only visited France. Thus, we began our journey in Berlin.

 Brandenburg Gates

 Holocaust Memorial

 Holocaust Memorial

 Holocaust Memorial

 Russian War Memorial

I wasn't really sure what to expect, yet I was a little disappointed. Having heard that Berlin is very young and has incredible nightlife, I actually found it quite the opposite. I got the impression that it is a city that still, and understandably, deeply mourns its past. It was difficult to fully comprehend and put the history into perspective, and of course one can only imagine. However, I left with still a desire to return and see more.

So then we took the train to Prague. Again, I was unsure of what to expect, however it was absolutely stunning. The narrow and cobbled streets of the old town are lined with colourful buildings, each with unique carvings and patterns. We tried the traditional transylvanian sweet that they were selling everywhere which was really delicious, and I also tried a czech beer which was the best beer I have ever tasted in my whole life! It was a lovely city however too touristy for me and so I won't be rushing back.

Streets of Old Town Prague

 Prague Old Town

Traditional Transylvanian Sweet







Much love,

Tamara x

1 comment: